Ca2

CA API Management Review
Provides different form factors, API virtualization and lifecycle management, data security, and scalability. Improvements needed in analytics, reporting, logging, tracking, sso and user experience.

Valuable Features:

The most valuable features to me are:

• Different Form Factors: Available as Software, Virtual Appliance, Amazon Machine Image and Hardware.
  • API Virtualization: Creating virtual APIs by shielding the actual enterprise resources on API Gateway.
  • Security: Enterprise data security and central management in API Gateway.
  • API Lifecycle Management: Enable, Disable, Assigning, Deprecating and Deleting APIs on API Portal
  • Scalability: API Gateway is easily scalable horizontally and managed easily.
  • Mobile SSO is another feature/capability which available

Improvements to My Organization:

It improved how we function in the following areas:

• Protecting all enterprise application data from direct access by virtualization.
  • Transforming SOAP services to REST services easily on the gateway without impacting existing systems.
  • Providing security for all API's exposed through API Gateway at one common location.
  • Migration of APIs from one environment to other.
  • Providing high availability with horizontal scaling and multi cluster.
  • Managing the API lifecycle.
  • Exposing enterprise data to the external world.
  • Securing Mobile App communication using MAG.
  • Integrating easily with other systems.

Room for Improvement:

• The API Development tool can be made more user friendly by providing folder properties.
  • Assertions for common functionalities (like mathematical operations, string manipulations, connecting to non-SQL).
  • Masking the user credentials entered in Identity Provider, JDBC based on user role
  • Analytics and reporting need to be made better and more user friendly; add some custom reports both on the Developer Portal and API Gateway; exporting of analytics and an email facility.
  • Logging and tracking of changes done by users in the Developer Portal.

Use of Solution:

I have been using this product for three years.

Stability Issues:

I did not have any issues with stability.

Scalability Issues:

I did not have any issues with scalability.

Customer service is good

The level of technical support is good.

Previous Solutions:

I did not try any other solutions previously.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup is straightforward. It is simple and easy to do.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing:

I feel that it’s costly for medium-sized companies.

Other Solutions Considered:

I did not evaluate other products, but have read about them.

Other Advice:

Check what's required and whether it can be achieved easily without any compromise.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're CA partrners.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About CA API Management?

Our experts can help. 229,168 professionals have used our research on 5,847 solutions.