Layer7 API Management Review

We route all our policies and traffic through the gateway. It's reliable.

What is most valuable?

The best features of CA API Management are high quality and high reliability.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides a centralized security mechanism so that we can route all our policies and all our traffic through the gateway.

What needs improvement?

I would like more graphical interfaces for better usability.

API Management is highly reliable and highly available, so we haven't any problems with it.

We haven't had any scalability problems. I don't know how far it can be scaled. We are a mid-sized company.

I would say that the quality of technical support is moderate. It’s better than some, but not as good as others.

I don't know if we had a previous solution before going with API Managment. We have a number of CA products. Some of them, we started with the CA product and some of them we started with other products and then switched to CA because of their high availability and high reliability. We are not looking to switch it. It’s nice and stable.

I was not involved with the initial setup.

What other advice do I have?

Focus on developing a relationship with CA. They have a variety of products and they do a lot of cross selling, so it's important to develop a relationship and figure out how to manage that relationship as you go forward.

When selecting a vendor, the most important element is relationship.

More Layer7 API Management reviews from users
...who compared it with Apigee
Learn what your peers think about Layer7 API Management. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.