CA API Management Review

Support through the forum is very good and efficient for partners

What is our primary use case?

We use it for public API security.

How has it helped my organization?

The governance of the new business models generated by the APIs has been simplified and is improving the daily control over them.

What is most valuable?

• Current security models which are the focus of the industry.
  • The product documentation helps the client and/or user to evolve quickly while using the tool.
  • Support has efficiently combined with the forum.

What needs improvement?

The portal is an important point in the lifecycle of the APIs. Right now, the portal lacks many features. We hope that the new version will have them and that there will be a quality jump, which is needed.

Three to five years.

None.

There is no real problem. However, as the number of instances increases, its complexity of installation increases if you do not use the OVA.

Support through the forum is very good and efficient for partners.

I work in a consultancy, so we do projects with other products. However, our partner product is with CA Technologies.

They have different installation models. Therefore, there are always small drawbacks. Fortunately, if you use the OVA, your installation is direct.

We are a partner with our own prices.

We evaluated the following solutions: IBM, WSO2, and Oracle.

What other advice do I have?

Begin by using the installation offered on an OVA, then in production environments make use of your own installation, e.g., in CentOS.