CA API Management Review

Information Security Features Allow Our Developers to Focus on Just Writing the Support Code

What is our primary use case?

In my company, we use CA API Management for banks in the financial markets. Our primary use case is for the basic protection of the APIs. We also use the authentication feature.

How has it helped my organization?

One of the main ways that CA API Management has improved our company is that we do not require a lot of people to work in developing new security code when they are programming for the APIs. They leave all the responsibility to CA API Management.

In this manner, our developers can focus on just writing the code and on important business.

What is most valuable?

I work for an information security company. CA API Management is capable of using tokens for authorization to manage access control for the APIs.

What needs improvement?

One improvement for CA API Management would be better integration with the web access console. Better integration of the web access console would be great.

One specific feature that we need is the ability to authenticate directly to the server with API data. It's not complex nowadays. This is a feature that we need and CA doesn't have it.

CA API Management can't do the same authentication functionality with the APIs as the other competitive products in the marketplace.

The stability of CA API Management is very good. We have very little problems with the solution. Just once, there were a couple of days that became filled up with logs of reporting information. Overall, CA API Management is certainly stable.

We don't have any problems with scalability. We have only a few customers that have deployed it. We only use it for a total of 4 clients. We don't use it in all of our projects. We work with other technology.

Our final customer maintains the CA API Management installation and only needs our contractors to make other new improvements.

Technical support is okay. We have opened some cases and all of them were quickly solved.

This was the first tool that we used for API Management.

The initial setup is good. For our requirements, it fits our appliances.

The initial deployment of the software was two hours, i.e. to have the API data up and running.

We are a reseller company that makes the final setup for our customers. We always do the final installation for our clients.

Our CA API Management license is for five years with no additional cost other than the standard licensing fees.

Nowadays, we are looking at IBM solutions because other customers required it of us.

What other advice do I have?

CA API Management is very helpful. I would rate the product an 8 out of 10. In my opinion, the features are all very good.