CA Directory Review

It works well with SiteMinder and Identity Manager as an add-on enterprise directory service. The configuration manager could be more straightforward and less awkward to work with.

Valuable Features

CA Directory is a good add-on to SiteMinder and Identity Manager. It’s the best product that works with these just because they’re from the same vendor.

Improvements to My Organization

As CA Directory is bundled with SiteMinder and Identity Manager, we don't have to pay for another enterprise directory service.

Room for Improvement

The configuration management could be better. It’s not very straightforward and is awkward to work with.

It works, but there's a little work required on our part to make it stable. There’s a lot hidden from admin, so we have to go the vendor itself to learn about how to make changes to help with increasing performance.

We haven’t tried to scale. We still have a small deployment.

Technical support has been excellent. We’re able to get enough attention for fixes to our issues. Sometimes the support cycles are long, but it’s still good considering some of the complexity of our issues and our needs.

The initial setup was straightforward.

Other Solutions Considered

As with all our tech-buying decisions, we always compare with alternatives.

Other Advice

It loses points due to the complexity involved in its design and configuration. My advice would be to use Directory only when you have other CA products that depend on it.