Ca2

CA Mainframe Software Manager Review
It ensures that we have all the fixes in place and that they can be applied over time.

Valuable Features:

It takes less time to install the product and to get maintenance. The users and our staff can implement those changes much quicker. It makes it a lot easier to install our products.

Improvements to My Organization:

We used to spend a lot of time in getting fixes done and also in finding out that all the fixes are available. This product ensures that we have all the fixes in place and that they can be applied over time.

Room for Improvement:

They are progressing in that direction. They are keeping track of our configuration changes. So, they will automatically move forward as we progress with our products.

Right now, one of the challenges that we still face is to keep track of our customizations so that I know the product is going in that direction. We don't have any of our products using this solution right now but we would like to start moving forward in that direction.

Stability Issues:

It's a very stable solution.

Scalability Issues:

In regards to the scalability, we have all of our products in there. We have had no issues at all.

We have used the technical support. In my opinion, their technical support is one of the best ones for this product. They get right back to you. They give solutions and helps us.

Previous Solutions:

We were not using any other solution before.

We just looked at our aging workforce and were trying to get people trained and get them up to speed because there is so much to learn in a short period of time. This has the possibility of helping them out.

Initial Setup:

I was involved in the initial setup. This product was implemented a few years back; the initial setup was not very straightforward. We needed CA to come out and help us install it. It was a very resource-intensive process. So, in the beginning there were a lot of challenges. However, I think we have it right now.

Other Solutions Considered:

Basically CA was the only one that had a solution for us. They came in and presented it to us. The cost was free. For us, it basically manages all our CA products.

Other Advice:

You should take a look at it. You don't think that the processes can come out quicker with the way they are set up right now. However, this solution is so much more automated and everything is behind the scenes. For anybody coming into the business, it's very easy.

The most important criteria for me when selecting a vendor is that the vendor must have the capability to solve our business solution. It has to be affordable, easy to
install, and not require a lot of resources.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About CA Mainframe Software Manager?

Our experts can help. 228,703 professionals have used our research on 5,836 solutions.