Check Point Endpoint Security Review

Automatically Deletes Ransomware and Restores the Encrypted Files

What is our primary use case?

We have implemented Check Point for endpoint protection.

How has it helped my organization?

We had a ransomware attack and the SandBlast agent automatically picked up the ransomware. It automatically deleted the ransomware and restored the encrypted files.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Check Point Endpoint Security is the SandBlast Agent.

What needs improvement?

One area of this product that has room for improvement is the disc encryption.

I'd like to see a patch management solution like Kaspersky has. That's the only feature that's missing.

We've been using Check Point Endpoint Security for about a year now.

Check Point Endpoint Security is very stable.

Check Point Endpoint Security is very scalable. There are 11 of us. You need a central management station with one person. Everybody here is using it already.

The technical support is good. If you log calls, they're very quick to respond.

We used Kaspersky. The Check Point Endpoint was new. We wanted to roll it out to our clients. We wanted to first try it in-house.

The initial setup is straightforward. It was very quick. It was probably, in total, about 40 minutes.

We are Check Point partners. We did it ourselves, in-house.

Our license is on a yearly basis. It just includes the licensing fee.

We did have a look at some other options like Symantec and McAfee. We found that the anti-ransomware component on the Check Point was better than the competitors.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others that are looking to implement Check Point Endpoint Security is that it's very secure. The only issue is that the disc encryption is bound to the hardware in the machine that it's in. It takes a bit long to decrypt the hard drive. That's the only issue.

I'd give Check Point Endpoint Security about a nine out of ten.