Check Point Endpoint Security Review

Excellent integration of firewalls with good stability and scalability offered

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to prevent and detect the abnormalities and viruses on endpoints.

It's also to monitor endpoints and the use of endpoints when it comes to identifying items like USB sticks, etc. because it's not really in our company policy to allow the use of a USB at work stations.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the integration with Check Point's firewalls. You can have one port, and follow the logs from both Endpoint and firewall security.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve VPN functionality and the VPN user-interface.

I've been using the solution for three years.

The solution is very stable. We are quite happy with the solution, and we have had very few issues with it.

Scalability is very good.

Technical support is fairly good. I'd rate it three out five. It's fairly good, but not optimal.

Check Point could offer better personal support. They have a ticket system, but once you create a ticket, it can take up to seven to days before you get any feedback at all. Depending on the situation or the problem that we have, that's far too long.

We previously had a Cisco solution.

The initial setup was complex. From an IT department perspective, we don't have that many IT technicians, so, for us, it was complex. If we had put an IT engineer on Check Point, it might have been easier.

Implementation took about two days. The strategy was to do the implementation outside of office hours, so it was actually done over a weekend.

We are outsourcing the maintenance, which is about 4 hours of work a month.

We had a consultant assist us in the implementation.

We pay roughly 80,000 Swedish krona per year. When it comes to the firewall, it's roughly 150,000 Swedish krona yearly. There's also maintenance, of course, which is roughly 10,000 krona per month.

We evaluated a few solutions, including Cylance. We evaluated the existing solutions and compared them to Check Point.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others considering implementing the solution is, depending of course on if the company is looking for a new kind of firewall solution, is "Don't do it yourself."

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.