Check Point NGFW Review

Feature-rich, easy to deploy, security oriented, and offers scalability and great throughput

What is our primary use case?

I am a Check Point distributor and the Next-Generation Firewall is one of the products that I am dealing with. My customers use this as part of their security solution that covers mobile devices, computers, their network, cloud, SD-WAN, IoT devices, IP phones, IP cameras, and others.

How has it helped my organization?

Checkpoint has provided Security to the entire data center.

What is most valuable?

This is a feature-rich product and all of them are useful.

The most valuable feature is the Stateful Inspection, which was developed by Check Point.

The throughput is very good with Check Point. Checkpoint ThreatCloud is the largest threat intelligence database.

Checkpoint management is a single pane of glass from where you can manage all the CP solutions from a single point be it on-prem or cloud or hybrid.

What needs improvement?

There is always room for improvement and CP Dev team is on right path.

I have been working with Check Point firewalls for more than five years.

This is a stable firewall. It is very good.

Scalability and throughput are very high. They have also launched a solution called Check Point Maestro, which provides cloud-level scalability on-premises. This makes it very scalable.

My customers use firewall products from several vendors, including Sophos. Sometimes they replace their existing firewalls, and at other times, they run Check Point in parallel.

The initial setup is very simple. This solution can be installed on-premises or on the cloud.

It takes between 30 and 45 minutes to deploy.

Our in-house team does the installation for our clients. We also handle support, depending on what level of support the client has. Sometimes, they go directly to the OEM.

What other advice do I have?

Until earlier this year, the consolidated management was application-based and required installation. As of recently, they have launched web-based management, as well as cloud-based management. This is an upgrade that I had been waiting for because we no longer have to go to the dashboard. Instead, we just enter the IP into chrome and you get the dashboard on the web page, without having to install anything.

This is a very good product, although there is always room for improvement.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
More Check Point NGFW reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Check Point NGFW. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.