Check Point NGFW Review

The configuration is easier than other firewalls and we have good support

What is our primary use case?

Check Point is a very good solution. My primary use case is as a perimeter firewall. I never use Check Point's IPS. I always work with another IPS, in a different appliance. I always use the firewall modem as a firewall.

How has it helped my organization?

We have good support from Check Point. They always send us information about new products, new technologies, and new attacks worldwide. We are looking for endpoint protection and Check Point is one of the brands that could provide that technology to us.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Check Point is the management console. Another feature that is most valuable for me is that the configuration is easier than other firewalls.

What needs improvement?

I would like for them to develop the ability to manage a cloud firewall with the same console. That would be very helpful.

Another thing I would like to see improved is that when I start policies in Check Point's console, it takes a few minutes. It could be better and faster.

Three to five years.

We never had an outage of the appliances or the consoles. Stability is very strong. I never had a problem related to stability.

Scalability is good. Since four years ago, we have been increasing the number of users and the traffic. The solution is working well and working with our progress.

I always work with a partner so the partner is in contact with Check Point. Their response is very fast. In all of the cases, it's very fast.

We switched because it is a good product and because of the cloud support. We are moving to the cloud step by step and the cloud support is important. If another company has better cloud support it may be a factor that would influence my company to switch to another solution.

Important criteria that we look at when choosing a solution is the local experience and the local support. That it is very important.

I wasn't there for the initial setup but from what I heard, it was straightforward.

We looked at Cisco vs Fortinet. We chose Check Point because of the cost benefit that this product offers.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight. It's a good solution. The management is easy. The console is very practical but in order to be a ten, it should be faster.

I would advise someone considering this or a similar solution to prove the solution before choosing the final vendor. Prove that it will be very helpful for you.