Checkmarx Review

Includes features to easily secure code, multiple language support and excellent customer support

What is our primary use case?

We onboard clients with the solution. We install the product and do the first scan with them. We help developers with security and the best practices with their applications with this solution.

What is most valuable?

The most valued feature comes within the platform called Codebashing, it allows scanning code for security flaws. Our clients are able to learn from these scans and develop more secure code. The solution is easy to configure and user friendly as well. They also have support for a large variety of languages compared to other solutions and the product updates continuously.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the DAST solution in the future.

We have been using the solution for one year.

We had no issues and it has always worked at a top level of performance.

The solution is easy to intergate. It is plug and play and intergrates well with the pipeline and DevSecOps. Our main client is a big company and the solution works well.

The support is excellent.

The setup is very easy. There is a lot of information in the documents which makes the install not difficult at all.

The product saves you money by minimizing the time needed to figure out how to mitigate the problems by using such features such as The Best Fixed Location and the flow charts.

We evaluated Veracode before choosing Checkmarx.

What other advice do I have?

Depending on the client, we could deploy the solution on the cloud or on-premise. I would recommend Checkmarx because you can learn from the scanning done. They have some of the best features which make the product wonderful.

I rate Checkmarx a ten out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Latest version
More Checkmarx reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with HCL AppScan
Learn what your peers think about Checkmarx. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.