Cisco ACI Review

It is easy to add more automation processes, as it is very scalable

What is our primary use case?

Our use case is to change our network architecture and install new free data centres for our company.

How has it helped my organization?

It has been able to  transverse all the processes between two companies merging into one: Air France and KLM.

What is most valuable?

I have found the SDN features to be the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

The product needs to be more visible on the Internet and have the ability to be integrated into more software developments. For example, with Amazon, you can click and deploy SDN with firmware, but not with SDI. It needs simpler process to be deployed everywhere.

The Multi-site is not easy to use. While Cisco has plans to change this going forward, for now, it is complex.

It is very stable.

It is really scalable. It is the most scalable product that I have tried.

We have been one year on the project and it is very scalable. We have tested it in our data centres, and it's easy to add more automation processes.

I would rate the technical support as an eight out of ten, because it can be very difficult to find the right person to provide us answers. Our project needs a lot of knowledge with very complex solutions.

It has a very complex setup, because it is a complex solution. However, we have a great level of knowledge.

We used Cisco directly and an integrator. We had very good experiences with both of them.

We evaluated Cisco ACI vs VMware.

Now, I don't want to switch to another solution. I want to use this one, because it is the only solution that we tried for our use cases to unclog holes, resources, and work loads.

What other advice do I have?

It is a very good solution to improve architecture. Read the literature.