Cisco ACI Review

It can be used with different workloads and systems, making it a very flexible product

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for automating our data center. We are moving from a classic legacy data center to new data center, with Cisco UCS. The first implementation will have multiple implementations, then we will move ahead with a Multi-site implementation next year.

How has it helped my organization?

We are still in the development phase.

What is most valuable?

It improves security and automation. It is stable and provides flexibility with different workloads. It is also more powerful from a security point of view.

What needs improvement?

The areas for improvement are automation and user-friendliness.

If I lose the connection from one side to the core, I can't use the other side to go to the core. I hope in the future, this will be fixed.

Still implementing.

It is very stable.

I would rate the technical support as a nine out of ten.

The initial setup is complex, because we had to work with Cisco Professional Services to find the correct solution for our implementation.

We directly used Cisco Professional Services for our implementation. They are very professional.

We investigated different products and found that ACI can be used with different workloads (e.g., legacy permits) or with different systems, like Microsoft Hyper-V. Cisco ACI is more flexible as a product.

What other advice do I have?

Pay attention to the implementation and interconnections between the data centers with this product.

More Cisco ACI reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with VMware NSX
Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, VMware, Micro Focus and others in Network Virtualization. Updated: September 2021.
534,057 professionals have used our research since 2012.