Cisco ACI Review

What is our primary use case?

We use it for data center management and multitenancy.

How has it helped my organization?

We are service providers. It has allowed us to serve some of our outsourced customers better than the previous generation of products.

What is most valuable?

The automation is its most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

The product needs to be simpler. There is too much complexity in ACI. 80 percent of its features are of no use to us. We could do with a simplified version.

I would like to see some of the roadmap products remotely working to satisfaction where we could actually deploy them for our customers.

The stability is generally very good, but not perfect, because it has let us down before.

Scalability has mostly been perfectly adequate for what we have needed so far. We have not hit too many limits.

The technical support has been excellent. We engaged with Cisco Professional Services to help us get set up and their support has been outstanding. We have had our questions answered. New software and code has been provided when needed.

The desire to automate was a big driver for us to use this solution.

The initial setup was trivially simple and easy. It builds itself because it is automation. You don't have to do too much.

We used Cisco Professional Services for the deployment. They were outstanding, but very expensive.

What other advice do I have?

It is an outstanding product.