Cisco ACI Review

You can automate it. It also has a lot of insight into monitoring and traffic.

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for data center switching. This is what it was intended to do.

How has it helped my organization?

I am a partner, and I implement the solution for other organizations.

What is most valuable?

• It scales very well. When you increasingly scale with it, it makes the product easier to work with.
  • You can automate it.
  • It has a lot of insight into monitoring and traffic. However, this could also be improved.

What needs improvement?

The interface is sometimes slow. I receive a lot of weird errors when I try to install apps, such as contract apps, which should give me a nice visualization of all the contracts. However, it just doesn't load, etc.

I would like more thought put into the way the graphic part of the monitoring is rendered. When you have a lot of contracts, you can't understand the graphics because they are so loaded.

The solution is stable. I haven't seen it crash.

While I haven't done big installs, it does seem like it would scale well.

I haven't used the technical support.

This is a client decision on whether to switch.

The initial setup isn't straightforward, but it is manageable.

We are the integrator for our customers. The installation is straightforward.

I am an implementer, not user, of the solution. Therefore, ROI is not applicable.

We were only considering Cisco. ACI is such a complex solution that I am not sure that are any competitors which can match the product's complexity.

What other advice do I have?

Go for this solution.