Cisco ACI Review

Helps me to visualize everything with a single click

What is our primary use case?

I worked with this solution in my lab to prepare it for deployment.

How has it helped my organization?

I don't use it at the organizational level, but in my lab, it has helped me to visualize everything in one click.

What is most valuable?

This solution is easy to configure, and it is done in an object-oriented manner.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a smoother transition from existing systems. The configuration from what we had earlier, compared to ACI, is completely different.

The stability of this solution is ok.

Our deployment is very small, so I'm not the right guy to speak with about scalability.

I have not contacted technical support.

The initial setup of this solution is not straightforward. We had our standard configuration running, but when we moved to ACI it was a completely different dimension. It was a slow migration, and you need to completely change the way you think about things. This took me about three months to completely understand.

We implemented the solution in-house. I went through the specifications and documentation and then handled it myself.

What other advice do I have?

Things are moving towards the ACI model, so it is good to try out this next generation solution.