Cisco Defense Orchestrator Review

Good network visibility and assists with re-routing blocked traffic

What is our primary use case?

This is part of our network orchestration solution. It allows us to optimize our network. For example, if I want to communicate with a laptop, this solution gives us a way to route the communication.

We have a public cloud deployment using Microsoft Azure.

How has it helped my organization?

If our server is blocked, this solution shows us why it is blocked and allows us to update the network routing. It gives us recommendations of what to do, and it can be done automatically.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the visibility that it provides into our network. It shows a graphical topography of the network.

What needs improvement?

The dashboard needs to be more customizable to provide better reporting for our network.

I have been using this solution for about two weeks.

This solution appears to be stable for the moment.

The scalability of this solution is good.

There are three people who use this solution. We have an administrator, and engineering architect, and a software engineer.

I would rate technical support a seven out of ten.

Prior to this solution, I was working on Skybox. It is primarily used for firewalls.

The initial setup of this solution is of medium difficulty. The deployment took one day, although for a larger infrastructure I think it will take more than one day.

One person is suitable for deployment. In terms of maintenance, two people including the administrator are sufficient.

We deployed this solution with assistance from Cisco.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is researching this solution is to consider the advantages that it provides in terms of infrastructure.

It is easy to configure administrators and other users who can generate reports and check the dashboard. For the moment, this solution meets our needs and I cannot think of any additional features that should be added.