Cisco Piston Enterprise OS Review

A simple interface and helpful support for a solution that grows with us

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used to handle and carry all the traffic that is related to our network, to our company.

How has it helped my organization?

Some time ago we planned to extend our network, by adding another new orchestration and adding new functions and services. This product supported this new traffic.

What is most valuable?

It's a flexible enough tool to submit the changes that you want. It gives you the ability to cancel any loop. You can connect new orchestrations together. It offers enough support so that you don't need to have the need to get another device.

The user interface is simple and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The solution is just too expensive, so maybe the pricing could be better.

I've been using the solution for more than one year.

The stability is actually good. It does what we need so it's good for us. We have approximately sixty work stations. Some of the users are managers and some of them offer support functions.

You can extend and you can increase your work without being fearful of hammering it. It's very scalable. We always have plans to increase usage, and extend our work. As our company grows we need to expand our utilization so I think we will need another extension.

Technical support is very helpful.

We have many vendors, like Cisco and Juniper. There are a variety of products that we are using. When we decided to choose a certain product, we compared between the different vendors and chose a product that met our goal. So when we chose this product we found that it was suitable for us and it would fit our needs.

The initial setup was simple. It wasn't a new implementation, it was just an extension. Just on the product to do some changes on the configuration. So it didn't take a lot of time on the Cisco Enterprise OS side.

Deployment only needed three people including one engineer and two technicians.

We did it ourselves, but we did some research on the internet to get some input.

We also compared Juniper before choosing this product.

What other advice do I have?

I strongly recommend the solution to people. I think the interface is very simple and would be familiar to people in the IT community.

I would rate this solution at nine out of ten.