Citrix SD-WAN Review

Includes good documentation, easy to set up, good endpoint monitoring and backup capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We use this product to improve the security of our network.

We also use it to monitor and control the endpoints that we have.

What is most valuable?

The best feature is the backup capability, where all of the users' computers are tied into a central data repository.

The documentation is good.

What needs improvement?

Citrix should continue to offer a perpetual licensing model because it is very important to us.

I have been using Citrix SD-WAN for eight months.

We have approximately 60 users.

I have not been in contact with technical support. We found that the documentation is adequate and we were able to follow all of the instructions.

We have not used another similar solution in the past.

The installation process is very easy and it does not take long to set up.

We deployed it with our in-house team. We have two software administrators in the team.

We have a perpetual license, which is very important because it allows us to manage our costs, rather than having a monthly or yearly subscription. A yearly license is okay except that we consider software an asset, which means that we need a perpetual license.

The price of the subscription should be cheaper.

I would rather pay three-to-five times more for a perpetual license than pay for a subscription because the lifecycle will be between five and seven years. After seven years, we will try to look for another solution. If Citrix is still top-notch then we would update to the most recent version.

Citrix is a good product so I have not looked at other options.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and I recommend it. I'm going to continue using it unless something new is offered by a competitor at a cheaper price. I that case, I may switch.

More Citrix SD-WAN reviews from users
...who compared it with Riverbed Steelhead
Find out what your peers are saying about Citrix, Riverbed, Fortinet and others in WAN Optimization. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.