Cloudify Review

Enables us to catch scaling ​​issues early on, and has extensible functions and plugins

What is our primary use case?

Working with a major bank to set up a private cloud and used Cloudify implementation as an orchestrator, based on TOSCA blueprints.

Environment was VMWare and OpenStack based instances that was configured using SaltStack.

How has it helped my organization?

Product has given us the ability to catch scaling issues early on that many companies hit on with private clouds.

We’ve found application modeling being abstract blueprints fits the need for developers to implement their much needed bi-product from a simple template.

What is most valuable?

Cloudify provides a good framework that you can build on to provide custom solutions for an organization.

• Extensible internal functions and plugins.
  • Can implement custom plugins to fit your scenario.
  • Python based plugins.
  • Use what you need: You can remove certain Cloudify functions from the framework to create a "minified" version of what you need. This might only consist of the messaging delivery system, and the orchestration functions.

What needs improvement?

Certainly the UI could use some intensive work, but nevertheless, overall, it’s a complete product with its 3.4 version and much better features are available with 4.0.

Three to five years.