CloudStack Review

Keeps administration for all virtual machines in one place, but needs more specific error messages

What is our primary use case?

Primary use case of is set up deploy for testing team's artifacts. Usually it has 8-16 RAM, ~80 HDD.

How has it helped my organization?

CloudStack helps to keep the administration process for all virtual machines in one place.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature from my point of view is access to environment via console through separate browser window.

What needs improvement?

It would be a good to have more specific error messages within administration processes (e.g. problem with creating new instance).

Also, I would like to see the possibility of resetting password for instance without stopping it.

Less than one year.

Only once, an instance with VM on Windows Server was rebooted without any action from my side.

No issues with scalability.

I have never used technical support.

Regarding the first creation of an instance in CloudStack, I would say that it is rather straightforward. I was faced with a non-activated network within a VM and it took a little time to find and fix it.

What other advice do I have?

In general I would to say CS is a stable solution and, in my opinion, it will solve problems with administration of VMs.