Compuware Topaz Workbench Review

The debugging is really the most important feature. I think some of the stability issues may have been the way it was installed but it seems to be working now.

What is our primary use case?

Our use case is debugging using Xpediter.

What is most valuable?

The debugging is really the most important feature, enabling us to be able to step through.

What needs improvement?

Part of it is just getting used to using it. It's completely different from what I'm used to, going from a TSO interface to a GUI. I find it more cumbersome to use Topaz.

Less than one year.

I think some of the issues we've had may have been the way it was installed. We did have some issues but it seems to be working now.

In terms of scalability, I really haven't dealt with it at that level. It's pretty much been one-for-one types of situations, either batch jobs calling one program or intercepting one program in CICS.

Compuware tech support seems to be okay. For the most part, if I have any issues I turn it over to someone here and then they get in touch with the vendor and then they have had me get on and do a shared session where they can watch what I'm doing. So they have been fairly reactive.

We were using Compuware Xpediter before, on the mainframe. I switched because we were told to switch. It was a management directive.

It wasn't complicated. They did come in and give training and it pretty much worked okay.

What other advice do I have?

I really don't have any advice, I haven't used it enough.