Cybereason Endpoint Detection & Response Review

Good EPP, but support for Micro OS and Linux is needed

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for Windows 10 platforms, any kind of Windows 10 platform, desktop edition, and some Windows servers for monitoring and protection.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the EPP part.

What needs improvement?

The integration with Microsoft solutions and Microsoft capabilities needs to be improved. Also, the agility to be ready for a new platform.

Stability needs to be improved.

The issue for me is the platform supportability. When there is a new version of OS, that is something that has to be improved.

The communication is not clear and we are not receiving the messages on the tests to know if it works or not.

Linux was a bad experience and Micro OS was a disaster.

The biggest issue is the platform for Micro OS and Linux are not supported.

I have known this solution for three years, more or less.

We are using the latest version.

I didn't like the stability. There were some problems and it was not responding correctly to integration.

Scalability seems to be ok. It's supporting more than 200,000 devices and in terms of scaling, it's ok.

For me, the technical support is good. I asked support for certain points to move on, in terms of new things, and I haven't received any good feedback.

I think that they are ok with the current platform and the current support, but they are not ok in terms of providing us with where they are evolving.

For antivirus projects, we were using Windows Defender and Skype for previous platforms such as Windows 7. Now, we are still using Windows Defender.

For additional features or features that are redundant with Defender, we are using Cybereason.

The initial setup was straightforward with plenty of issues.

It took between a few weeks and a few months to deploy.

We were using Cybereason directly.

In terms of pricing, it's a good solution.

What other advice do I have?

We are evaluating the possibility of enabling Microsoft Defender ATP, which will cover most or all of the suites and the features that we have on Cybereason as well.

My advice is to evaluate carefully Microsoft Defender ATP and see if they are running fully with Microsoft. If they are evaluating anything at the endpoint level and they plan to use Mac, Windows, and Linux, they should pay attention to Microsoft solutions. Microsoft is becoming a leader in this area.

The cost of Microsoft is quite high, it is something that has to be discussed with Microsoft on a case by case.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More Cybereason Endpoint Detection & Response reviews from users