Cynet Review

Great features; ability to deploy in autonomous mode automatically blocks malware threats

What is our primary use case?

We're still getting to know them, doing the proof of concepts of their product, which we're very happy with. It's an EPP/EDR platform and that's our primary use case. I'm the Chief Information Security Officer and we are customers of Cynet.

What is most valuable?

The most important thing for us is that the solution can be deployed in autonomous mode, and then it automatically blocks malware threats. On top of that, there is a service behind it with real people and they actually help with threat hunting and detection activities. The platform provides more than your normal EDR platform. Aside from the real people behind the product, it gives visibility on the network, on the file level, on the memory level, and it also does user behavior analysis, with a deception capability as well. It is quite feature-rich as far as I have seen and compared with other solutions on the market. We're enjoying that it has a bit more than the other platforms and it also allows us to discover what vulnerabilities we have on our endpoints as well which is more than you get from a typical EPP/EDR.

What needs improvement?

They're a young company and very responsive but they probably need to mature in their processes. For example, I think it should be easier to deal with false positives. Part of the issue could be that we deployed very quickly and we still have to organize training and things like that. Maybe when we've done that and we understand the solution better, there won't be that issue with the false positives.

It's quite a powerful solution but one feature that they could add would be to have more standardized third-party integrations, then it would be an amazing product. This however can still be achieved with the very comprehensive API.

I've been using this solution for less than a year.

The solution is very stable.

The scalability is amazing. We've had no issues with deploying on our perimeter and the coverage of OS systems is also very impressive. Especially in the Windows world, it can even run on out of date OS's like XP and it runs on Windows 7, Windows 10. It runs on all the server stuff from 2003 to 2019. We've got amazing coverage on our estate. We haven't noticed that there are any performance issues while running this agent. That is in contrast to Carbon Black, for example, which I know gives blue screens on workstations.

The service/technical support is first class.

The initial setup is amazing, it's very easy to deploy. It maybe took a couple of weeks but it could have easily been done in a week. It really is just the deploying agent. Cynet was not the blocking point, it was us because we deployed at holiday time, so some people were not available and their laptops were not available to have the agent deployed on it.

What other advice do I have?

From what I know of this product at the moment, I would definitely recommend Cynet. The IT world changes very quickly, so there will be other things that I would possibly look at. When we've been running this for a year, I'll look again to see how happy we are and what the competitors are doing. With the experience I have now, I'm pretty happy to recommend it.

I would rate this solution a 9 out of 10.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
More Cynet reviews from users
...who work at a Cloud Provider
...who compared it with Symantec End-User Endpoint Security
Learn what your peers think about Cynet. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.