Databricks Review

Better tailored code and automation capabilities needed, but easy to use

What is our primary use case?

Databricks can be used for large-scale data pre-processing and data transformations.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use and has a quick start-up time due to being on the cloud.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by providing better automation capabilities. For example, working together with more of a DevOps approach, such as continuous integration. There is a lot of code from places, such as GitHub, but it is not tailored for Databricks. It requires a lot of effort to bring the code to a level where it can be used with Databricks capabilities.

I have been using Databricks for two months.

The solution is stable.

Databricks is scalable.

We did not have a need to use technical support.

The installation is straightforward, and it took approximately one hour.

We did the implementation and maintenance of the solution ourselves using approximately three engineers.

The solution requires a subscription.

We are evaluating other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution for those wanting to process large data sets, but if it is to be used for smaller data sets, I would not recommend it.

I rate Databricks a five out of ten.

More Databricks reviews from users
...who compared it with Azure Stream Analytics
Learn what your peers think about Databricks. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,015 professionals have used our research since 2012.