Dell EMC CX4 series [EOL] Review

Offers good machine learning and good stability

What is our primary use case?

We are are a power agency and we have some in-house built software like HR and accounting, store management. We're using Dell EMC CX4 to host on those servers. We also have DR on these software server machines.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the machine learning. We have been using this solution for a year and a half and we haven't had any problems with it.

What needs improvement?

We recently found a problem with one of our Dell tower servers that we are using. The machines sometimes reboot. We went to the vendor to help resolve it and they're taking a long time. We need better support for it.

I have been using Dell EMC for one and a half years.

In terms of stability, except for our server, we have no problems or issues with the rest of the servers. They are good.

It has a lot of room to increase the RAM memory of the server and the storage.

There are around 3,000 users in my company. They use 500 or 600 end-users for conferencing. And I have 3,000 users of our systems who are mostly application users.

We require four or five staff members for the maintenance.

We have plans to increase the capacity of the servers but in around another year or two. We are extremely interested in the capacity of the servers. We are using three or four applications in one server, and we will be using individual applications for individual servers. Then we'll need more server machines.

We previously used IBM machines provided by the vendor. We thought that IBM's support was really not good like Dell's. IBM experts are not available in my country.

There is not much of a difference between the two products. The main reason we switched from IBM was because we found it difficult to get support staff.

Our vendor does the initial setup for us so it's not a problem. We just set up the database division after our vendor provides us with the system.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend it to somebody considering it. The products are good, especially the server machines, the rack server machines are good, and anybody can buy these machines.

I would like to have better support from Dell.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Dell EMC, IBM, Nexsan and others in Modular SAN (Storage Area Network). Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.