Dell EMC Data Domain Boost Review

A stable solution that is easy to set up

What is our primary use case?

We proposed the use of Dell EMC Data Domain Boost with Oracle backend to a financial organization. They had a very good experience with backup times and fast resolutions.

What needs improvement?

Integration could be better. Sometimes when integrating with different systems, it's not straightforward.

I have been using Dell EMC Data Domain Boost for three years.

Dell EMC Data Domain Boost is a stable solution. Our team is trained and certified to use this product and don't have any complaints about it.

Their technical support was actually good. In the POC environment, we needed some help, and they supported us with that.

The initial setup is straightforward. The time it takes to implement the solution depends on the customer side networking issues, and the time it takes to integrate with their systems. But from a product perspective, it doesn't take much time.

Our in-house team implemented Dell EMC Data Domain Boost. We have a few experienced engineers who are qualified to implement this product, and they are capable of handling it.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Dell EMC Data Domain Boost an eight.

More Dell EMC Data Domain Boost reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Veritas NetBackup Appliance
Learn what your peers think about Dell EMC Data Domain Boost. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.