Dell EMC PowerEdge Rack Servers Review

Reliability and manageability are valuable because since we run two separate sites, we can perform our maintenance and monitoring remotely.

Valuable Features

Reliability and manageability are valuable because since we run two separate sites, we can perform our maintenance and monitoring remotely (iDRAC), saving us travel time.

Improvements to My Organization

It allowed us to run more VMs than we had originally planned. We've had no failures in six years, and can perform remote management and maintenance.

Room for Improvement

This product has been superseded by newer model (R730) so any suggestions would be irrelevant. However, I am having a memory speed issue that I would like to be fixed.

Use of Solution

I've been using it for six years, and are currently using the 2011 model..

We have had no issues with the deployment.

In the six years we have been using it, we have never had a fault/failure/malfunction hardware-wise.

Memory scalability and reduced memory speed when memory channels are fully populated. Then again, the model we have is six years old and our workloads/VMs have doubled.

We get great local support, and have always had positive experiences when speaking to Dell and using their products.

It was straightforward.

Implementation Team

It was implemented by a systems integrator.

Other Advice

You should upgrade to, or get, Pro Support Plus. It is especially useful if your internal server/infrastructure team is small.