Dell EMC PowerFlex Review

Hardware integrates well, easy to upgrade, and responsive technical support

What is most valuable?

The solution has the benefits of any hyper-converged infrastructure but also has good hardware integration. It is easy to use for management and operations teams because the tools are in one place. Upgrading is easy, you do not need to check all of the components in your infrastructure, when you upgrade the solution handles everything.

What needs improvement?

When checking some of the components in the RCM during upgrades, it can be difficult, you have to check and upgrade the software-defined storage because it will get out of scale with the virtualization with VMware. You always have to consider this during upgrades but the process should be simplified.

I have been using the solution for approximately two years.

The solution is stable.

With this solution you can upgrade and scale up your environment very easy, it is used in enterprise organizations that have large environments.

I have found the technical support very good.

The installation is complex.

Dell came with engineers and integrators to do the deployment for us.

The price of the solution is fair, it is priced in the average range amongst competitors.

What other advice do I have?

For those who want to scale their environment, manage all the environment from a single point, and have to only deal with a single vendor this solution might be for you. If you need these requirements from a business perspective as operations management, the operational cost could be lower but I would advise speaking to professional deployment teams before you do anything.

I rate Dell EMC PowerFlexRev a nine out of ten.

More Dell EMC PowerFlex reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco HyperFlex HX-Series
Find out what your peers are saying about Dell EMC, VMware, Nutanix and others in Hyper-Converged (HCI). Updated: September 2021.
536,053 professionals have used our research since 2012.