Dell EMC XtremIO Flash Review

The most valuable features are IOPS performance, thin provisioning, and deduplication savings.

How has it helped my organization?

We gain, on the average, 6:1 deduplication with compression. This ratio represents a substantial amount of space savings. Our SLA has improved to 99.9%.

What is most valuable?

• Very good IOPS performance
  • Thin-provisioning and deduplication savings
  • Natively thin-provisioned

What needs improvement?

They can improve the product by providing an HTML5-based interface instead of the Java GUI based application.

We use the dashboard of the Java based Windows application to monitor the storage array’s current IOPS and latency metrics.

However, we also require direct firewall access open to the XMS server as we monitor from a different location. I don’t believe the Java based GUI application is proxy aware.

So, if the XMS application server could be monitored through an HTML browser interface, it should then be proxy aware, making life a little simpler.

We have not had stability issues.

We have not had scalability issues.

Technical support is very good and always available.

We used DAS Solutions. We were not getting the required IOPS and SAN stability, and that was a concern.

The installation was done by a third-party.

We evaluated NetApp.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you understand the basic fundamentals of SAN, IOPS, and data deduplication.