Dell EMC XtremIO Flash Review

None of the features are valuable for us. It produced an outage and they didn't deliver on promises made.

What is most valuable?

None of the features are valuable for us. The product is poorly designed and not reliable. It performed well when it did work.

How has it helped my organization?

We have had no benefits from this product. It produced an outage and didn't deliver on promises made by the sales and engineering teams.

What needs improvement?

It needs a lot of improvement to be more like Pure Storage or Nimble AFAs.

We have been using this product for a year.

We had stability issues. We ran out of space pretty quickly and the cost to scale did not match our needs.

We had scalability issues. It does not scale in a granular manner.

The technical support is horrible. It took a week for them to get back to us on what caused the outage. Also, there are too many different teams that support the product internally.

We used EMC VMAX. We switched because EMC made it too costly to stay on VMAX and gave us discounts on XtremIO.

The initial setup was complex. We hired someone to do it. It took them two days. Our new array was done by my team in less than two hours.

EMC has not delivered on promises with their array. We have been with them for seven years and had five different arrays. Same story every time. Worst support in the industry.

We evaluated Pure Storage, Nimble, and SolidFire.

What other advice do I have?

Don't do it.

1 Comment
User at a tech company with 10,001+ employeesVendor

Did you try IBM FlashSystem 900? If you are looking for performance, resilence and simplicity you really should ask for a PoC, you will be positively impressed

29 June 17