Dell EMC XtremIO Flash Review

Enables us to have surveillance of our systems but the reporting and monitoring tools need improvement

What is our primary use case?

We mostly use it for backup because we cannot measure anything and we are afraid to use it for surveillance systems. We were planning to use it mostly for surveillance systems.

What needs improvement?

The most important thing for the system engineer is to check if there is latency in the IOPS for any run. You cannot measure the number of IOPS or whether or not it is overloaded. You cannot measure anything in EMC about this. Most solutions, especially HP, improved our fall-over performance, with our database and servers. Most servers are HP, but we use EMC now only for backup.

One thing that should be improved is the reporting and monitoring tools. It should use real-time monitoring for storage, IOPS, latency, etc.

We've been using it for seven years.

The technical support was good, especially for upgrading, which we did four times. It was straightforward and easy.

The initial setup was simple for us.

The initial purchase price was good but when you need to upgrade, it's a different story.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, including the format, support, and technical performance, I would rate it as seven of ten.