How has it helped my organization?
Reduced the Oracle database refresh times (10TB) from 48 hours to 4 hours.
What is most valuable?
- I/O performance and low latency
- Deduplication and cloning capability
What needs improvement?
Management and reporting need improvement. Cloning could be easier.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
We have not had stability issues.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
We have not had scalability issues.
How are customer service and technical support?
Technical support is excellent.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
We used EMC VMAX. Latency was inconsistent and it lacked cloning and deduplication.
How was the initial setup?
Cloning was complicated due to necessary scripting.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
We evaluated Oracle Exadata, EMC VMAX (SSD), and EMC VMAX.
What other advice do I have?
- Provide clear requirements
- Test to verify that the results are as expected
- Spend time to carefully integrate it into your support model, including reporting/dashboards and proactive monitoring.