Docmosis Review

It allows us to develop and deliver highly-customized reports for our clients in ways that are generally pretty straightforward, flexible and easy to manage.

What is our primary use case?

How has it helped my organization?

From an organizational standpoint, it's reduced our need for a developer to be involved in delivering customer reports for customers, so we don't need our development team, engineers, and software developers to customize reports for customers. It lowers cost and allows us to deliver customized reports faster than we could before.

What is most valuable?

It allows us to use MS Word with dynamic data population, which is a huge advantage.  Connecting to a cloud service also is a nice feature

What needs improvement?

It's still a bit complex to develop reports and because of that complexity, there are often mistakes that get made. If we get better debugging tools and better diagnostic tools, developing reports would be faster. That process is a bit slow right now.

Three to five years.

It's been very stable.

We scaled it in dramatic ways, and it handled our scalability very well.

I would say that they are very proactive. They are very responsive and have been very helpful in solving problems when we have them.

We did, and still do. We've used another tool for a very long time and we're phasing it out. It's free and solves some, but not all, of our needs. But when we need to develop or generate a more highly-customized report, we use Docmosis. It allows us to use MS Word with dynamic data population, which is a huge advantage.

It's a powerful model for a couple of reasons. Being able to do report layouts allowed us to design reports without requiring developers needing good MS Word skills. Second, our customers provide us reports they've already designed in MSWord. All we need to do is to make them dynamic.

What other advice do I have?

It allows documents to be designed without needing a developer or a web designer. Anybody who has expertise in Microsoft Word can do this kind of thing, or even the customer themselves could easily format the document to make changes. It's very powerful from that perspective, and I have never seen someone take this approach and do it well until I found Docmosis.