Docmosis Review

Easy to make changes to reports using its templates which provides flexibility in our design approach

What is our primary use case?

We integrated Docmosis Cloud service into our custom software application developed for medical analysis. We have been using Docmosis Cloud service for the past six years. We were able to generate complex detailed reports to display the results of medical testing. The reports have a complex layout with multiple table/header structures. The Docmosis template based approach was ideal to generate these reports and make any changes quickly.

How has it helped my organization?

The Docmosis solution was ideal to handle our use case. To generate these same tabular formatted reports with a code-only solution would have taken a lot longer to implement than the Docmosis template based approach. Docmosis templates were easier to design as we were able to use Microsoft Word to create them. The templates made it easy to make any changes to reports and provided flexibility in our design approach. We were able to generate real-time multiple page PDF reports from our application, which were well-formatted. The process of adding any new report is also fairly simple with Docmosis Cloud service.

What is most valuable?

The features we found most useful for our application are:

• Template based approach
  • Cloud hosted solution
  • Flexibility to update templates
  • Easy rendering of templates.

Adding new templates is also simple with the cloud based service. Templates are just Microsoft Word documents, so there is no need to learn other templating.

What needs improvement?

It would be great to have improved diagnostic and debugging tools. When report templates are complex, sometimes any minor modification needs to be thoroughly tested to ensure that it does not disrupt a previously designed template.

Six years.

Docmosis has good customer support and plenty of documentation available along with code samples which helped us to implement the REST API easily. Also, we were able to get rendered reports in different available formats (PDF, HTML, text, etc.).

The new DWS3 cloud console looks great and user-friendly compared to the older DWS platform. It will be easy to track, manage, and upload templates with new DWS3 cloud console UI.

We found Docmosis Cloud service very easy to use and implement for our application reporting needs.

Private Cloud