Elastic Beats Review

A robust solution with a whole spectrum of features that's extremely scalable

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to analyze our logs.

What is most valuable?

There's a whole spectrum of features on the solution that users can take advantage of. It's a very robust product.

What needs improvement?

The dashboard is not user-friendly. The solution, in general, isn't great from a user's perspective.

You need to be well trained to handle the initial setup. They need to simplify this. Right now, you need a lot of training on the product.

The solution is extremely scalable. The only limiting factor for some may be the cost. The more logs you retain in the software the more expensive it is.

Technical support is good. We're satisfied with the level of support we receive.

We didn't previously use another solution. This was our first.

The initial setup and deployment are quite complex. Without formal training, it is not easy to set it up. We have not taken any formal training so we needed assistance.

A service provider assisted with the initial setup. If we had the proper training we could have done it on our own. However, we didn't have it. Therefore, we took help from our service provider which assists us with this solution from time to time.

The solution itself is quite costly, and if you wanted to scale, you'd pay more. The more logs you retain, the more it costs. Right now, our organization is paying somewhere around $20-25,000 a year.

What other advice do I have?

We use the public cloud deployment model.

The solution is complex, but with the right training, you can really get a lot out of the product. It's very powerful. You're just limited by the knowledge. If you don't have it, you won't get as much out of the solution.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. The price is high if you aren't using the full potential of the product, so if you are considering implementing it, keep that in mind.