EMC VNX [EOL] Review

We can deploy quickly and it’s storage-based, making it data-focused that provides a virtualized and structured way of moving data.

Valuable Features

It’s a great platform that’s evolved very quickly that overtook NetApp with the Vblock initiative. Everything was valuable – HA, SRM, Vplex, metrocluster, entire suite of products

Improvements to My Organization

Room for Improvement

I can’t think of anything because they’re evolving more and more. They’re making headway into datacenter where non-structured data-type infrastructure around Hadoop, security, encryption.

It's very stable, and works well with VMware.

It’s amazing, you can add and stack, and add more elements. You can group to scale horizontally and vertically, can add VMware tech, can add flash arrays, and everything integrates seamlessly. The intelligence controls everything. I don’t worry about infrastructure and I don’t have to move to the cloud.

Our TAM is great and acts as a liaison for us with EMC.

It was complex, as you really need to understand what you’re doing and have different layers (architects engineers operations, networking, etc.), BUT it’s straightforward, as if you follow procedures, it will work out well, but everyone needs to be onboard. It’s simple to run, but the setup was complex.

Other Advice

they don’t quite provide enough security in the data centre. There’s a discrepancy between it, DevOps and automation.