EMC VNX [EOL] Review

We require a very high throughput for our database and this product gives us the desired response

What is most valuable?

• Levels of performance
  • Protection
  • Compliance
  • Ease of management

How has it helped my organization?

In a banking environment, on which we required a very high throughput for our database, we have used this product and our desired response was received.

What needs improvement?

They may change the disks from NL-SAS to Flash, but it would be costlier for customers.

We implemented the solution in 2015 and it is still in our environment until now.

No, it is easily scalable.

EMC technical support is good in India. They meet the SLAs well.

In our previous solution, we were getting less performance from our DB. So, it was a better idea to change to EMC.

Initial EMC setup is easier than other Storage product vendors. It is mandatory to know the default IPs of SPs and the password for the admin user.

Pricing and licensing quotes can be requested by the vendor's sales team. There response rate is high.

We also had the option of NetApp and HP Storage, but from a pricing and support perspective, we preferred EMC.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good product and easy to deploy.

5100
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partners.
More EMC VNX [EOL] reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Dell EMC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Pure Storage and others in All-Flash Storage Arrays. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.