EMC VNX [EOL] Review

Multi-tiering helps use storage efficiently

How has it helped my organization?

We have all the information residing on the same hardware, the same storage. So if the servers go down, we have already secured the data in the storage.

What is most valuable?

Multi-tiering, because it positively affects the efficiency of the storage space.

What needs improvement?

The next release is the Unity storage. That is the new family. Many of the features that are included in the Unity have improved over the VNX features. The VNX is a little bit old. What would help would be if the VNX had embedded encryption. That would be great.

Three to five years.

It's really stable. We haven't had any issue such as data unavailability or data loss.

The scalability is average because the storage has some hardware limitations and, obviously, operating system limitations. So the scalability is a little bit limited. But that has been improved in the new storage family called Unity.

We do use technical support and it is always good.

The initial setup was simple and really fast.

When we compared it with other products, the performance and the security were the advantages that this storage gives us.

What other advice do I have?

When selecting a vendor there are many criteria we look at but those that come to mind are scalability, security, resilience.

I think it's a good solution. It has many benefits, features that are of interest for many customers.

With the new system, the Unity, many of the deficiencies of the VNX were solved. But the VNX offers features and stability that other products don't. It's really reliable.