ExtremeManagement Review

Good reporting, simplified management, good price, and easy to deploy and configure

What is our primary use case?

We use it to monitor the performance of the equipment. We use this in order to get the information about whether the performance of the equipment is okay and whether there is some problem that needs to be corrected. Currently, we are using the latest version of Extreme Management Center.

What is most valuable?

The report model is one of the valuable models. We are able to see all the information concentrated in reports, which is very useful. We are able to get the information about the performance of the equipment and check that everything is okay.

You can get very useful information across applications, so we have very good experience with their management solutions. It has many functionalities to simplify the administration and monitor the development of the switches or AP.

It is easy to deploy, easy to configure. and easy to develop. Its price is also good.

What needs improvement?

They can improve the information period. Currently, we are able to have information for only 14 or 15 days, but we would like to have information for an extended period of maybe 30 days.

Their technical support can also be improved in terms of the response time to the tickets.

I have been using this solution for 15 years.

It is very stable.

It is scalable. In terms of the number of people using this solution in our organization, we are divided into two areas: pre-sales area and post-sales area. In the post-sales area, we have five engineers dedicated to developing the proposals for Extreme. In the post-sales area, we have maybe 15 engineers who are designing it to deploy the projects.

Usually, their technical support is good. Sometimes, they take more time than expected to respond to tickets, which can be improved.

Its initial setup is very easy. It doesn't take more than a couple of hours. It is very fast to implement, but it also depends on the experience of the engineer who is in charge of doing the implementation or configuration.

It has a good price. There is a good relationship between the cost and the performance.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good solution. Our experience has been good. It is easy to deploy, configure, and develop, and its performance is good. In general, we are satisfied with Extreme.

Extreme is a good vendor. They have been doing well for the last three years. They are trying to develop new solutions. They have an interesting new cloud solution, which is able to give our customers complete functionality and good performance at a good price.

I would rate ExtremeManagement a nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about ExtremeManagement. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.