F5 Silverline DDoS Protection Review

Requires fewer resources to operate

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used for load balancing.

How has it helped my organization?

F5 Silverline takes fewer resources to operate.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the configuration and configuring the process.

What needs improvement?

The product could be improved on the global load and the integration with the other solution like Cisco and Dell EMC. As a representer of the operation, we prefer to have one platform which can accommodate all types of integration.

We are also looking for more improvements in the security policy configuration.

As far as I know, we don't have any problems with this solution. It's stable.

We are scaling now. We're increasing integrations on the application side.

The technical support for this solution was normal. Ther are helpful. We have our operation team who are in contact with the support team for the daily operation of the boxes.

We used another solution which is Citrix, but we decided to switch due to some recurring issues and to mitigate future problems.

The initial setup was straightforward. There is only one way to configure the solution.

We implemented through an integrator. We used a local company as an integrator. This local company lacked the experience or the knowledge required; they were constantly referring back to the vendor.

Before choosing F5 Silverline, we evaluated Cisco. We looked at Cisco because we have a partnership with them from R5 and Cisco.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, one being the worst and ten being the best, I would rate F5 Silverline a seven. Seven, because it does what we need it to do but we need to see more features. However, I do recommend this solution.