F5 Silverline DDoS Protection Review

Has a good intelligence platform and excellent technical support

What is our primary use case?

My team is providing services for this solution.

What is most valuable?

In terms of most valuable features in the solution, most of the time we check for learning periods and that it has an intelligence platform.

What needs improvement?

To make this solution much better, they must have a user-friendly configuration interface. I'm working for a partner site, so for the technical portion, it must have great troubleshooting stats.

For example, Arbor doesn't have web application firewall capabilities, and sometimes I need that capability. If a solution doesn't have it, I have to add additional solutions. This is confusing and it drives the solution price up.

We are working with F5 Silverline DDoS Protection for nearly one year.

In terms of the scalability, this part is always so confusing because they are checking for packet count. Also, after an attack, they said that the throughput must be from gigabits but then I check my bandwidth and it is already done in gigabits. So it is a little bit confusing.

F5 technical support is really good. It is better than A10.

Again, if the solution doesn't have a web application firewall capability, it can raise the solution price. Pricing can be higher than the other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

For someone considering this solution, they have to do a POC at first.

On a scale from 1 to 10, I would rate Sliverline DDoS an eight.

They are so new in Turkey that they don't have too much to offer here yet.

More F5 Silverline DDoS Protection reviews from users