FileMaker Review

A good database that's easy to use and quite stable

What is our primary use case?

We are using FileMaker for our customers. When we are sending invoices, or making proposals, etc., we make calculations and offers to our customers via the solution. We also store our assets in the FileMaker inventory.

What is most valuable?

The database is the most useful aspect of the solution. It's where I spend most of my time when working with it.

It's a good application that's easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I've only used the solution for about five months, so I haven't used it long enough to notice if there are any features that are lacking.

The UE is not very up-to-date. It looks like something that was created in the 90s. In that sense, the user experience is lacking.

It would be nice if it was easier to export data. There's a lot of clicking involved. They should simplify the process so that it's not so difficult to send offers to our customers.

It should be easier to do a global search. You must know what you are searching for and can't be vague, otherwise, you won't find what you need.

I've been using the solution for five months.

The solution is very stable.

The solution is very scalable. In some instances, I've just had to make a call and the solution was adjusted according to my request.

We use the solution every day, but I'm unsure if the company has plans to increase usage at this time. We are planning to grow this year, so it's possible that we might find that we need to scale the solution.

I've never contacted technical support, so I don't have any experience with them to speak of.

I was not present when the solution was originally implemented. They set up the solution maybe 10-15 years ago, and I just started using it when I came to the company.

What other advice do I have?

Our company is now an Apple premium reseller.

I'm only a user of FileMaker within our organization. I'm not sure if I'm completely knowledgeable about a lot of the intricacies of the solution.

The version of the solution we're using is FileMaker Pro 18 Advanced. 18.0.3.317.

We have about 20-25 people on the solution at our organization and there are about three to four technicians running the solution that are admins.

I'd advise others considering using the solution to test it out and try it first. If you plan to use it every day, it's important to talk to someone who uses it extensively to get a feel for what to expect. The UE is a bit difficult at first.

I'd rate this solution eight out of ten. If they updated the user experience and made its look and feel more up-to-date I'd rate it higher.