FireMon Review

It is the single place where we go to review all of our firewall changes

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for compliance and monitoring of firewall changes. This solution allows us to secure our firewalls.

How has it helped my organization?

It is the single place where we go to review all of our firewall changes. The solution makes it easier for us to track all the changes made. It is a central place where we can look at all the firewall rules, because we have three different firewall vendors. It saves us time and creates efficiencies by looking at the general picture.

This solution has helped to clean up rules that had not been reviewed in several years. It is used for all of our firewall changes. At the moment, we are not looking to do more than use it for that.

This solution has helped to reduce our overall audit time. We are under PCI, so it was a requirement. We had to do something like this, and it just made it easier. The solution was prebuilt to do that, and we didn't have to build our own spreadsheet.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is being able to review all the firewall changes in the Policy Planner, and then in the policy review feature.

This solution provide us with comprehensive visibility of all our devices in a hybrid network.

It is fairly straightforward to use.

What needs improvement?

We had a few minor issues with it. However, it's worked pretty well for us overall.

I have been using the solution for about five years.

The stability has been fairly decent, but there have been a few issues. My coworker has had some issues in the past where he has had to work with support.

It seems fairly scalable.

There are not a whole lot of users. It is mainly just my team. Every once in a while, one of my users will submit a request for it, but that doesn't happen very often. It is primarily just my team.

From what I have heard, the technical support is fairly good. However, I have not used them in a few years.

I didn't really have another solution that I was using before it.

We had it when I started here five years ago.

We had another guy who primarily worked on the setup because he actually used to work at FireMon. So, I haven't really done the setup on it in quite a few years.

The deployment was fairly straightforward.

We did the implementation in-house.

We have one guy, who previously worked for FireMon, managing the solution right now.

We pay for it yearly.

We might have looked at Tufin.

What other advice do I have?

It is fairly straightforward to use, and I haven't really had a whole lot of issues with it.

This solution provide us with end-to-end change automation for the entire rule lifecycle of firewalls. It does it from the request, then all the way through the approval cycle.

We really haven't done much with this solution’s cloud support automation for public cloud platforms. We are just doing on-premise.