FlexPod Review

The fact that everything is certified together means we don’t have to do much, although initial setup seems to be complex because we have UCS in place and are adding a NetApp cluster.

What is most valuable?

I think the most valuable features are the architecture and the support from Cisco and NetApp. The fact that everything is certified together means we don’t have to do much.

What needs improvement?

At this point, it's doing everything we’ve asked.

We’re still implementing it.

It seems to be very stable. We’re kind of early on, just started the integration, but so far so good as it's more stable than our old platform, IBM.

We’re a fairly small shop so it will scale beyond what we need for it.

The solution is verified so there is less explaining that needs to be done. Depends on what the issue is, but they will be more versed to handle those questions.

Our old platform was IBM.

The initial setup seems like it will be kind of complex because we have the UCS in place, and are adding a NetApp cluster. It would have been simpler if we were doing a full refresh instead of piecemeal.

What other advice do I have?

It's worth evaluating. Having the certified architecture certainly helps when it comes to design and testing.