FlexPod Review

The Citrix portion makes your desktop available anywhere on any platform with any OS. However, it has three to four technologies and someone needs to sort out which problem is whose responsibility.

Valuable Features

The most valuable feature is the fact that it’s a complete package, that’s the biggest advantage, and it can be rolled out pretty quickly. The last company I was at, we rolled it out in 90 days, and that was a pretty big environment.

Improvements to My Organization

The Citrix portion of it for one, as your desktop is available anywhere on any platform, and with any OS. You can really use it anywhere, even on an iPhone in a movie theater if you need to, although I don’t recommend it.

Very stable, it's highly available with only .9999 downtime, not .99999, which is an uptime designator.

We have found it to be very scalable, and that it affords you a lot of options.

We had a partner work with us and so it was really good. The only drawback is that you have three to four technologies, and you need someone to sort out which problem is whose responsibility. Our project manager took that on as a deliverable, and ran incident management for the solution.

Initial setup was very straightforward.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The cost is an issue – it is not a cheap solution and the other piece of it, is that for EMC users (like my current company) it may not be relevant. We had 80% EMC usage so it wasn’t relevant for us. We could have used the FlexPod EMC but I think cost was the main issue there.

Other Advice

Peer reviews are very important in our research.

Contact Us For More Info