FlexPod Review

It provides standardization, driving out variation in our system so that we only deal with NetApp and Cisco.

Valuable Features

Standardization, so there's no question about how something is or how something should be set up.

Variety is the spice of life, but in what we do, variety kills you. We were an HP shop and we used different SAN vendors, but since going with Flexpod, we only deal with NetApp and Cisco.

Improvements to My Organization

Drives out variation. It’s easy to have someone at NetApp and Cisco to come in the door and know what they’re doing.

Room for Improvement

There’s a lot of talk about security, but very little action. I’d like to see something from NetApp/Cisco that’s beyond simple encryption so that data is not useable or visible when breach occurs.

No issues other than human error.

Very scalable, and we’ve been very pleased. We had a hard time planning for the future because of projects that we get. But, it scales very well and we can plan with it, impressively so. We often do things in emergency situations, which means adding storage or additional shelves, and we can do that with FlexPod.

It's very, very good.

Very smooth and quick setup. We got it and knew exactly what to do with it. So complex, but we knew what to do, and still, very smooth.

Other Advice

We’ve looked at everything and did footwork, so just go with Flexpod to save yourself time and effort.

More Information