FlexPod Review

Presents a new architecture that is both scalable and programmable

What is our primary use case?

We are a NetApp partner. I, myself, am doing ACI and data center stuff. We have been active for a year and have several customers running on FlexPod SF functionality. We don't do native NetApp stuff, only FlexPod SF.

We are mostly looking at healthcare, and we also in the banking world. We have one customer to whom we sold this as a storage product.

What is most valuable?

It's a new architecture, really scalable and programmable. When you look at SDN propositions it fits very well in a next-gen data center.

What needs improvement?

I can't really say anything about improvements right now because we are relatively new to this product. It is implemented for the functionality and it delivers the functionality. Right now, it does everything we want.

It's a really good, stable product. It has good resilience.

You can scale it. You can add more boxes and you can have more IOPS available if you want. It's very easy to add new hardware to the cluster.

I'm not directly involved in support cases right now so I can't say what the support is like from my own experience, but what I have heard from my colleagues is that the support is good.

The setup is really straightforward. What I heard was you plug it in, you bring it up, and it's easy to install.

What other advice do I have?

It's good, it's a very nice product. Very scalable.