FlexPod Review
The solution is innovative. It handles virtual networking.

What is our primary use case?

We use it for running our VM environment. We have three different data centers that use FlexPod: two in North America and one in Europe. Our daily job is important.

We use it FlexPod for Managed Private Cloud, which is fast, reliable, and trustworthy.

How has it helped my organization?

Since we started, we have been improving and changing the hardware and performance.

What is most valuable?

The solution is innovative. It handles virtual networking. Also, it can upgrade blades and  continue working seamlessly, which is excellent.

The option to allow me a different storage connection.

What needs improvement?

• We would like FlexPod to have more power, though it is not lacking in power now.
  • The old design of FlexPod made it difficult to remove old hardware and add new servers.
  • We would like them to have better features to integrate with the cloud.

Three to five years.

I am happy with the stability. I haven't had any major issues with it in four years. This includes upgrades.

We have never had a problem with the hardware, even when something apparently fails. The response from the support is amazing. We can have changes for things up in less than four hours.

We started with three initial chassis. Now, we have six in Miami, ten in Toronto, and six in Europe.

The tech support is good. They could improve their response times. However, the tech team knows what they are talking about. So, I'm happy with them.

We were previously using NetApp, which is why we wanted FlexPod. We wanted to virtualize our servers, but also needed more storage and power.

While I wouldn't change a thing, it was not easy coming from our old environment. You have local and different servers and have to pull everything together. It took us a year and a half to deploy the first FlexPod and have it be total functionally. After that, the process was simple. Nowadays, things are easier to deploy.

We used NetApp and Cisco for the deployment. Our experience with them was good. NetApp install all our storage center apps and Cisco handled the computer environment, which is stable.

We have seen ROI. We have saved time, money, space, and power consumption on new service deployments. We have a data center in Toronto which had ten racks on one of the new servers. This was all reduced to two racks with six chassis, which is amazing.

While initially the application performance was slower, we now have seen 100 percent improvement in application performance after all the required connectors were added.

What other advice do I have?

The idea of validate designs is excellent.

Request Demo