FlexPod Review

Simplifies infrastructure from edge to port to cloud and is easily set up

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is for VDI.

How has it helped my organization?

We have offices across the globe in almost 20 to 22 countries and there was a time when people from Singapore needed access because they experience similar issues as we do. When we implemented this solution, all 250 VDI sessions seamlessly were accessed over the internet. That's the benchmark.

It simplifies infrastructure from edge to port to cloud. It proves that deployment is easy and straightforward. There isn't any need to do extra work.

We are definitely getting good progress and good improvement from them. It has decreased our data center costs by around 8 to 10 percent.

FlexPod has improved our application performance by 40%.

What is most valuable?

With FlexPod, Cisco UCS compute-wise accessing is much faster.

FlexPod's validated designs for major enterprise apps are really important because we can go with our SAP HANA solution, our Hadoop solutions, our HP solutions, and our Media solutions. A vendor-specific solution is always preferred.

In terms of unified support for the entire stack, UCS hardware-wise is much faster. The storage and NetApp are good. We use Cisco switches and the connectivity and other aspects have improved.

What needs improvement?

The GPU based VDA solutions could use improvement.

We don't have any issues with stability.

We can scale up whenever we want.

Their technical support is good. I would give them a ten out of ten.

We used to do it by ourselves but we got a really good intro and demo for this product. We got a strong marketing push from NetApp.

The initial setup was straightforward. It's all built at the factory and it came put together as a rack. Everything was straightforward.

We used an integrator and the process was seamless. They took all of our requirements and from there it was straightforward. 90% of the process was done at the factory. We only had 10% to do and it was done within hours.

We haven't seen ROI yet.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to someone considering this solution is to go for it.

I would rate FlexPod a nine out of ten because this is definitely a huge improvement based on what we saw.